30 Day Writer's Challenge | Day 11

A baby is cuddles and tickles on toes,
The sweet scent of powder, a kiss on the nose.
A baby is teddy bears, rattles, powder, and pins,
Meals at midnight, giggles, and grins.
 
Let me tell you how excited I am.  In just over two months, my Holly will be having her first little bundle of joy.  What does this mean for me?  In just over two months, I will be an aunt, for real!!  I say for real because I have many friends out there who have let me "adopt" their kids as my own little nieces and nephews and while I love them all very dearly, I am WAY SUPER excited to have my own little nephew.

But I'm not the only one that is elated with job in the family.  Oh no.  My mother - who has been hoarding baby clothes for ever - is completely off-her-rocker ecstatic.  She's in a buying frenzy for this little baby grandboy.  It's with good reason, right?  I mean, everybody loves babies!  Okay, maybe not everybody - but most people.  

I am totally counting down the days until my little nephew arrives here in clothed in glorious happiness!  I can't wait for the day he's crawling around and talking.  We're all in a tizzy!  And I know Holly is ready for little Micah to come out and meet the world.

Comments

  1. You are totally going to love being an aunt, it is the best thing. OK, so in reality being a mom would be the bestest thing, but what-ev!

    Aunts Rock!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts