30 Day Writer's Challenge | Day 13

 Picture to the right?  A mouse playing a saxophone.  So what does today's blog have in store?

Yesterday, whilst rummaging through a yard sale, my mother found a Selmer Alto Sax for $50.  Now, I was a bit nervous at making this investment, but after looking over it, I'm hoping I got my money's worth.  The neck will need to be recorked, I need a neck strap and a mouthpiece.  It needs a nice cleaning (smells musky) and needs to have all the pads checked. 

Needless to say, I want to get back into music.  My favorite times through high school were band trips and just sitting in concert band playing.  Now, this isn't the instrument that I truly love...the Bari Sax.  -swoon-  It is by far my favorite sax to play.  One day I'll own one.

So I need a lot of practice.  I have no idea what I'll end up doing with this, but I feel like I was given lemons.  Again.  And my Patriarchal Blessing talks about sharing my musical talent with others.  Haven't done that in awhile! 

I'm excited!!  This is going to be great!

Comments

Popular Posts