30 Day Writer's Challenge | Day 21

I have been putting this post off all day because I haven't had the faintest idea on what to write on.  While writing when emotional has been my easy feat, today is a different day.  In all selfishness, it does not have to do with the gravity of what today's anniversary means to America.  But it's what my emotions have finally come crashing down around me and made me realize.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, my boss is leaving the company.  Yesterday was his last day at the office.  I kept the tears away for most of the day as I sat in mostly solitude while doing my work.  The busier I felt, the less I thought about walking in on Monday morning and not seeing his face.  We had an office farewell party, so to speak, where he said a few words about his time at the company and the whole time I just kept thinking to myself how much this blows. 

It's bitter sweet.  He's getting back to Richmond to be with his family, but I've worked so close with him in the last 6 years that I can't imagine reporting to someone else.  He has seen me through so many crappy times and some very good times as well.  I can't think of a single day where I was pissed off or mad at something and he managed to turn my frown upside down.  I'll never forget the day I was counting thousands of discs without cases that came in on a pallet.  I had the number in my phone.  He walked by and closed it.  I was absolutely furious.  I started screaming and yelling and calling him names.  I managed to not get fired after that.  A couple hours later, we were cool.

When I left the office yesterday he was still there finishing up stuff, making sure everything was getting taken care of.  He got up and said jokingly "Don't cry now."  That was enough for it to happen.  Not a lot of tears were shed...there anyway.  He gave me a big bear hug (he is a big guy) and said "Don't worry, we'll be a team again."  I left his office feeling completely annihilated.  How could he leave me?  I was so angry.  The emotions had finally hit and I just lost it in my car.

I'm going to walk into the office Monday to a completely different boss.  Jeff is on the other side of the spectrum from Kevin.  He's a nice guy and I really like him, but I don't know what to expect.  It's unnerving. 

So now I sit here and I think, "What next?"  Will he be able to bring me into the company like we talked about?  Do I stick it out at MovieStop until that actually happens?  I know it would be stupid to quit before I find something new, so that's not going to happen.  But I don't know how long this will last. 

I sit here with tears in my eyes, reminiscing over all of the amazingly fun days I have spent there with Kevin as my boss, with two thoughts in my head.

All good things must end.
-and-
Good things come to those who wait.
So...How long do I wait?

Comments

Popular Posts