30 Day Writer's Challenge | Day 27

Three little monkeys jumping on the bed,
One fell off and bumped his head...
So, 10 hours later, I am almost done with my baking/candy making madness.  Holly's shower is tomorrow and for it I made chocolate baby lollies (naturally), my yummy-scrummy peanut butter bars (they're a delicacy), and I tried a new recipe for cupcakes: Key Lime Cupcakes.  They have a gooey, key-limey goodness in the center with green frosting with a hint of lime.  Pictures will surely be posted soon.

Right now, I'm finishing up these adorable monkey lollies for a good friend of mine.  She ordered 25 and little did I know that by detailing them - like the two that are colored show - I would be spending damn near 7 hours on these things.  She is totally getting these for a steal.  So why do I do it?  Eh - I make the money back that it costs to make them and then some.  I don't price gouge like Edible Arrangements.  Sure, they're worth more than I charged, but I want business.  We're in a recession, right?  Who has money to spend on adorable chocolate arrangements?  (For more information, click here.)

Anyway, I'm beat and hopefully my last tray is about to be finished.  Then to bed only to awake in less than 5 hours for a 2 hours class.  As much as I really need to go to that class to understand, I really need to sleep.  We'll see how I feel in the morning. 

Comments

Popular Posts