Could Things Get Any Better?

Today started as any other day, except Michael was given the day off - in exchange for working tomorrow.  Anyway, we planned to take a drive to see the leaves.  I was hoping to get some good fall pictures.  I haven't done that in so long.

The day took a sudden turn when around 10:15 my dad came billowing into my room saying mom was headed to the hospital with Juan and Holly.  Her contractions were about a minute apart.  She would call me when I could head up there.  Michael showed up just after 11 and then we played the waiting game.  Just after 11:30, mom called for us to come up there.

Have I mentioned that my boyfriend is the best in the entire world?  Instead of spending his day off doing something fun and relaxing, he spent it with me in the waiting room anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new little nephew.  Luckily, he came quick!  Just before one this afternoon, Micah Diego Mejia was born.  He was 7.2 pounds and completely healthy.


Is that not the cutest face of preciousness you've ever seen?!

Everything is going so perfectly.  It's completely amazing.  I can't remember the last time I was this happy.  Between things with Michael and now being an aunt, it's like the universe is saying, "This is you're time to have the world."

I definitely feel like I'm on top of the world.  I am so incredibly thankful for all of these blessings.  Clearly, Heavenly Father is smiling on me.


Comments

Popular Posts