Nothing But Blue Skies...

Another amazing weekend.  I feel like I'm on Cloud 9.  Like nothing can stop this momentum of happiness.  And it's really now all because of a certain boy.  But he does have something to do with it.

The week started off pretty great.  FHE was actually really good.  It may have been the first time I really paid attention to it.  Nothing really eventful happened until Thursday - it was just a good couple of days.  Nothing pressing at work, easy going.  Thursday was a great day to start the weekend.  I had a vendor lunch that the old Boss Man crashed.  Kevin was in town for the week with his new company.  It was so good to see him!  I almost thought I wouldn't get to.  Then Thursday night was the date.  It didn't go exactly as planned.  Dinner and a movie turned into dinner and then harassment by my parents.  But it was a lot of fun.  We played Mexican Dominoes with my parents and dear ole' Granny.  He fit right in.  It was an incredible night.

I asked for Friday off to help take care of Gramps while the parents did the produce run.  He has been a joy to have around.  He tells those most amazing stories.  Especially of my dad.  =P  The boy came over again - 2nd harassment.  What is he thinking?  But the parents really like him so I guess he can stay.  Oh yeah, so do I.  =D  The weather has been almost perfect - except the heat in the day - and we watched Iron Man 2 outside.  Josh and Brent came in later in the night.  We had 4 generations of Sleights in the house this weekend and took a great picture to show it.



Saturday mom had a 50th anniversary party to go to for her aunt and dad took Josh and Brent out for some much needed guy time.  I spent the day with Gramps again.  My gal Melissa came by later and we took mom to dinner - much needed girl time - while the guys fended for themselves for dinner.  Later on the boy came over for another movie, well two.  I guess we can name the boy - Michael.

Today Michael surprised me by showing up to Sacrament meeting.  Naturally, Bishop asked dad who the guy I was sitting next to.  Mom kept asking if he was coming over tonight for dinner, but he does have a family of his own.  So after dinner, I went over there to meet his parents.  They remind me a lot of mine.  It was a great time. I haven't had this much fun in awhile.

In the past, when things have been this good - when I've been this excited about things, I've waited for the other shoe to drop.  I could never hold on to the thought that I can be this happy.  I mean, I'm a pretty happy person - in my opinion.  I'm easy-going and mostly care free.  But it's been such a long time since I've been literally beaming with happy.  I'm not waiting for the shoe to drop.  I don't want this feeling to go away.

Blue skies Smiling on me
Nothing but blue skies Do I see
Blue birds Singing a song
Nothing but blue skies From now on. 

Comments

Popular Posts