Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.

School starts Saturday and I'm kind of on the fence about it.  On one side, I'm excited.  I'm finally really diving into Psychology, taking two Psych classes this semester.  On the other side, I'm not excited to be losing out on valuable time with Michael.  Since October 7th (our first date), we have seen each other every day.  Seriously.  Every day.  And shockingly, after spending the entire day after Christmas and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day with me, he still loves me.  It's amazing what we tolerate when we love someone, isn't it?  =P  So our relationship will get a true test when we only see each other 5 days of the week.  GASP!  Hehehe...

But back to school.  I'm excited, but not so much.  High school was easy-peasy, but college has proven to be an actual challenge.  I do not possess very good study skills thus making learning an absolute headache.  But, I did read a quote from Pres. Monson's book that I particularly like.  It might be another quote I put on vinyl and stick somewhere.  "Study something you like and which will make it possible to support a family...Make certain as you prepare that you do not procrastinate...It is not the number of hours you put in, but what you put in the hours that counts."  With that said, I have a lot to do this semester!!

Plus, with school means spending more money on books than I have in the bank.  I had to go to the "mom bank" again to withdrawal a loan.  It's pretty ridiculous that financial aid doesn't come through until two weeks after the semester starts.  They should start that up within the first week. 

But with the incoming financial aid refund and tax return soon, I have calculated out that I will have my car paid off next month.  Then to work on my credit cards!  I'm also debating on buying a scooter this year since gas prices are supposed to hit around $5.00 in the next year or something.  Oh joy.  Also with a scooter - no campus parking headaches!  WOOT!

So about the holidays...they were wonderful.  I don't think I talked about them much.  I was able to spend time with family (mine and my future family) and drove down to see the Lowrys on Thursday before we left for NYC.  They got to meet Michael and I'm guessing they liked him from the start since The Mom (my "adopted" mommy) actually embroidered Michael a scarf...before meeting him!  (I guess I talked him up pretty well!)  We actually had matching ones to wear to NYC.  She's so great.  With their approval, I'm certain he's "the one."  Not that I had any doubts, of course.  Ü


Speaking of that, no, we did not get engaged during the holidays.  It is a question that has been brought up numerous times.  No offense to anyone who did, but I want our engagement to have it's own special day, not share a day with a holiday that the entire world celebrates.  It's a good thing he feels that same way too.  I am waiting for the day, but like I told him, I'll wait for as long as I need to.  He is the one I want to spend my forever with.  He's worth the wait. 


New Year's Eve in Times Square. 2010.

Comments

Popular Posts