A wise man once said...

Christmas has come and gone.  New Year's just passed.  It's the start of a new year.  There are commercials plaguing the television and radio... "New Year.  New You."  Well, I have one thing to say to that. 

I'm fine just the way I am.  Well, mostly.  Ü

Sure, we all can change.  I'm no exception.  But why change because it's a new year?  Why not change constantly, whenever your life calls for it?  When I think about all the New Year change crap, I think about a quote that inspires me.  "Be the change you want to see in the world."  - Gandhi.  I really should cut that out on vinyl and put it on a wall somewhere.

But how true is this statement?  And it doesn't apply just to one's personal life.  We're talking politics and education too.  It can be anything. 

So my new year's resolution?  Be the change I want to see in the world.  I want to be the person that I want to see in others around me.  It may be subtle things, but even if I change only one thing or if I only effect one person, I will have succeeded in my new year's resolution.

I'd like to make 2011 as incredible as 2010 was, but with my trip to Italy and quick trip to NYC, I don't think that's possible.  But I can make it more incredible in other ways.  By helping my family more.  Being more available.  Not getting wrapped up little things.  Not being such a hot-head.  (That's a tough one!)  Taking a little more time to breathe.  Reading more.  Studying more.  Saying my daily prayers.  Not procrastinating.  (Okay, that's difficult.)  Appreciate the people in my life more. 

I could go on all day, I'm sure.  So I'll end with this.  For your new year's resolution:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

I think we can all succeed in this one.

Comments

Popular Posts