We arrived in Salt Lake...

I love coming to Utah. I never thought I'd say that again, but hey - I was considering going to school out here again. Anyway, the only thing I don't love is how long it takes to get here. Michael and I woke up around 3 am yesterday to get ready and be out the door by 4. Our flight was at 6:05. It's a good thing we got out earlier because thanks to Georgia DOT, most of 75 down to 285 was only 2 lanes. You'd be surprised how many people are up that early.

So we get to Park N Fly (my very awesome old boss had free days that he gave me) and headed to the airport. Luckily we managed to pack 5 days into 2 carry-ons so we didn't have anything to check. (Trust me, this was no easy feat for me!) We also checked-in online so we were off to our gate - after our stint with the security crap. We managed to get through in about 25 minutes. We were almost up to the part where we start deshedding and what-not when they pull some of us out to make another line. Really people? Lucky us we got to go through those fancy new body scanners that they rarely use.

By the time we got to the gate we had about 30 minutes to spare. They finally start boarding. Full flight. Luckily I took an Ativan about an hour before. Out like a light before hitting the runway.

We made it to Denver around 7:15 local time. This whole time change thing blows. Anyway, we were all excited because our ticket said our gate was only a few down from where our plane pulled in. Were we really that lucky? Nope. Departure board had our gate at the complete opposite end. We speed walked our way down. We had enough time to stop at Quizno's and get on the plane. Whew. I selected row 2 when booking our flight so we were the first ones on first ones off. Awesome. The flight over the Rockies was pretty amazing. I never realized how much I missed these mountains.

We got into Salt Lake around 9:45. We found the car rental place and got set up with a Hyundai Elantra. It's actually pretty nice. We successfully made our way to the Hotel Monaco. Checked in and then decided to venture to Target for some needed items. (I couldn't bring a razor thanks to TSA.) We also picked up some snacks and stuff to make lunches.

After a much needed nap - for me - we headed up to Park City. It was about 4 pm and I didn't want to spend our first afternoon stuck in the hotel. It was supposed to storm in Salt Lake so why not head up. It is absolutely beautiful. There's still snow on the ground. The mountains look amazing. We did the touristy thing and went to the Winter Olympic museum. Pretty neat stuff and it's free. I recommend it. I got some great pictures.

After the park we made our way into the city to peruse. We found a Family History center off Main St. and had to go in! We chatted with the sister missionaries (one of which was from Denmark) and the headed back out. Unfortunately the rain started up. So we found a restaurant - Main Street Pizza & Noodle - to wait out the rain. The pizza was amazing!!! I totally want to go back.

After eating we made our way back out, but no stopping the rain. We decided to head back to the car but first stopping at a Chocolate Shop. Oh yea. :) Then we made our way to the car and back to the hotel. Slowly.

We managed to knock out around 9:30. Remember, we're still on EST and we've been up since 3 am. It was bed time. And thanks to not be acclimated to the time change I was up at 4 am. Ugh.

And what did I wake up to? Snow. :) Not a lot, but some.

More later.


Popular Posts