Our Adoption.com Profile

Thursday, June 28, 2012

...hmmm...

I'm caught up on my daily list of things to do at the office and I'm pretty bored of reading Social Psychology (only 3 pages in!) so I decided I need to write.  The problem is - I have no idea what to write about, at least nothing substantial.  So - I will be copying my friend Kyra and compiling a list of random crap.  Thanks for the idea, Kyra!
  • Classes may kill me this summer.  16 weeks worth of coursework in 4 weeks is unfathomable.  Keep me in your prayers.  I have little to no motivation to survive this.
  • There are certain people talking near my cubicle that I wish would go away.  I am not the water cooler.
  • I am not a GA Tech fan, but I have a GA Tech bee key chain sitting on my desk.  It was a gag gift from a very dear friend who is a Tech fan.  I gave her a UGA card once for her birthday.
  • Spotify needs to be free on your iPhone.  Just sayin'.
  • I'm going to school for Psychology but I have no desire to listen to people's problems.  {FYI - Psychologists and Psychiatrists are totally different.  And people don't use "shrink" any more.}  I want to go into Gerontology or Geropsych.  My ideal job would be working with LDS Family Services or for a VA Hospital.
  • The people near my desk are getting louder.  I wish I had a shovel.
  • As much as I say otherwise, I really do like my job.  I have flexible hours and I'm monitored maybe 8% of the time.  Sadly, when I am micro-managed, it's taken WAY to far and makes me want to find another job.  Those are the days that I have to remember my "perks".
  • I tried to start the week by posting one word statuses on FB to describe how I was feeling or events that had happened.  It lasted one day.  I clearly have way too much stuff to say that's more important.
  • That last bullet contained a bit of sarcasm.
  • I want to travel the word...unfortunately we don't have the money to do so.  I really don't want to be old and regret that.
Okay, I'm done with that.  My mind can only wander so far, plus I have to get through two chapters before class at 5.  I really wish these people would walk away from my desk so I can get back to that.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Also, I think the Ga Tec YELLOW JACKET is a sign. That you should be a Tech fan. Because we are fabulous ;-)

    If you are willing to work for the VA, DO IT! They are in need of a few good [wo]men! And traveling the world sounds like a fantastic idea. Why must money always get in the way of the good stuff? Who ACTUALLY wants to pay their trash bill? If I didn't have to pay for that, I could afford a trip to Vietnam. Or Norway. Or Hungary. But noooo... In other words, I feel ye ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing about that...we don't pay for trash pick up. I take it to work! =P

    BTW...how do you have a "reply" option under comments that have already been posted? I don't have that. :(

    ReplyDelete

Our Adoption Journey Facebook Page