Becoming My Mother

When I was little, my mother sewed. I mean, she SEWED. I can think back and recall seeing my mom, bent over the machine, creating our newest fashion. That's right, my mother made our outfits. And boy were they hot! {See little me picture below.}

My mom is a pretty amazing seamstress. Okay, she will probably kill me for calling her that, but it's true. She's made amazing dresses including my bridesmaids and Holly's bridesmaids dresses. She's incredible.

So, yes. I have become my mother. Or as she lovingly calls me, Molly. Now to be known as Molly Jr. The hubby and I decided that we would get each other practice gifts that we could use. We desperately need a lawn mower as we've been borrowing each of our parents'. So Michael is getting a lawn mower. I've been going on and on about a sewing machine, so the hubs agreed.

I picked it up today and skipped class to go through some basics with Molly Sr. It's been about 15 years since I have used a sewing machine. I'm a little rusty. Let me tell you, I am having so much fun!! I even included my stitch examples below. :-) I'm pretty excited about having "sewing day" with the madre. Yes, I'll admit it. I love spending time with my mom.

My first project is curtains for the windows next to our front door. Pretty excited. And I'll post pictures when they're done. Now to just get the office cleaned up and ready for some crafting!!

Comments

Popular Posts