Happy 4th of July!

Today is our great nation's birthday. How did you celebrate?

I'll be honest. I have felt less patriotic today than I have in a long time. Mainly because I didn't do a whole lot to celebrate today. Don't get me wrong. I have immense pride for our country. I think it's an amazing place to live. I was just bumming today. So what did I do today?

• Slept until 10:30. Didn't even here the alarm go off at 10.
• Made a delicious breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions, and OJ while Michael tried to sleep.
• Watched several episodes of Law & Order: SVU until Michael woke up around 1:30.
• Laid around watching more TV with the hubby.
• Went to Publix around 2:30.
• Came home and watched more TV. {Are you noticing a pattern?}
• Made a delicious dinner, which will be posted.
• Enjoyed more TV time.

So that's pretty much my ID4. I completely neglected my studies which I know I'll be stressing over tomorrow and spent the day vegging. While I realize this isn't patriotic, that's what is so great about this country.

I promised some people that I would post the recipe for our amazing dinner. The smell of the marinade made my mouth water! So without further ado...

Citrus Tenderloin with Side Salad and Rolls

{We did corn on the Cobb on the grill instead of salad. We didn't have cumin, so I substituted for chili powder.}

1.5 lb pork tenderloin
3 sweet onions, thickly sliced (1⁄2 c olive oil)
(4 large cloves garlic, minced) (1 t cumin)
(1⁄3 c orange juice, 1⁄3 c water) (11⁄2 t salt, 1⁄2 t pepper)
(1⁄2 t dried oregano)
Juice of 2 limes
1⁄2 bag mixed salad greens
Dinner rolls

Place pork and onion in large zip top bag. Heat oil, garlic & cumin in small pot for 2-3 minutes. Add orange juice, water, salt, pepper, oregano and lime juice; bring to boil. Remove from heat. Pour over pork and onions in bag and marinate overnight. Remove pork from bag and reserve marinade. Sear all sides of meat on hot grill and continue to cook 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Let rest before slicing. Grill onions 2-3 minutes per side; serve with pork. Boil reserved marinade in small pot; reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. Serve over pork and onions.
Toss salad with favorite dressing to serve. Heat rolls and serve with butter.

Comments

Popular Posts