Honest Realization

For some strange reason, the last few days have been rather insightful for me.  I'm not talking about visions or lotto numbers, but just an overall sense that things are much cleared than I had originally thought.  Lately this feeling would come over me when we would be walking in the morning.  To me, there's nothing better than walking around a sleeping neighborhood at 4:30 in the morning.  No distractions, no children running around.  Just a sense of peace.  So far most mornings have given me a crystal clear sky.  I look up and can see all that stars.  It really is the perfect time to ponder about life.

Let me tell you something that I have come to realize.  My life isn't perfect...Okay, that's a given.  I recently re-read some posts from another blog site that I had and wow, can I tell you how destroyed I was back then.  That is my imperfection.  My life isn't perfect and I know this.  But my life right now?  I can honestly say, it's pretty close to perfection.  I overheard on the radio the other day {don't remember who said from what station} that no one is 100% happy with their life because everyone has problems and difficulties that they have to get through.  I say that's crap.  That's a way out from dealing with your issues. 

I do think that everyone has the capability to be 100% happy with their life.  They key to do this {at least in my opinion}has everything to do with how one reacts to challenges.  Our church had our biannual General Conference this weekend.  I didn't get a chance to watch all of it, but regarding the ones that I did hear, there seemed to be a underlying message in all of them.  And it's a message that I have known for quite sometime.  Everyone has challenges.  Everyone has problems.  No one on Earth has a perfect, fairy-tale life.  I have learned {based on my past imperfections} that it's about how I take in those challenges and problems and rough patches.  I have made a very large effort in the last few years to take those in as learning experiences and to remember that my Heavenly Father only gives me challenges he knows I can handle.  I have the faith to get through them.

I've always heard that the first year of marriage is the hardest.  Well, I can honestly say {and hopefully not naively} that for some people, it's not.  It can be fun and exciting and you can learn all sorts of new things.  I am so happy in my life right now.  I am pretty close to 100% happy with where I am...we're working on that little extra.  Ü  Just thought I'd share.

Comments

  1. :) Happiness we learn is not a destination but a journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts