Our Interviews

There's something about divulging your deepest childhood problems to a complete stranger.  Even more so when that person can essentially stand in your way of getting something you deeply desire.  Our interviews went very well, but they were still incredibly emotional.  I expected Michael to cry a little {he usually does when talking about his sister Sara}, but I didn't expect myself to.  Apparently thinking about how my mother raised me and the memories I have of her being the best band mom ever {slightly biased} left me feeling vulnerable and emotional.  Not at all bad feelings.  I guess it truly showed our case worker K how much I appreciate(d) everything my mom has done for me growing up.  How much she does for me now.

Two weeks ago {hard to believe it was only two weeks} we had our joint interview.  I feel like that was easier since we were together.  Yesterday was individual.  Ended up totaling 3 hours worth of interviews.  I feel like we truly gave K an accurate look into our childhoods and our relationships with our families and with each other.  I mean, the only thing we can be is honest, right?  Part of the process was talking about memories that we have with each family member.  It's wild the memories that popped into my head from out of nowhere.  But through my entire interview, there was one thing that I realized the most...I really miss my siblings.  I'm just glad with technology now a days and how easy it is to stay connected.  I really want our kids to know their aunts and uncles and cousins.

So, with the interviews going well and being able to unload most of our home study packet, we set up our next meeting: the home study.  K will come to the house and check things out.  Look around.  Meet the dogs.  From there she will take everything that she's gathered and put it all together to be submitted to some higher power.  We only hope that this higher power will see what she sees.  The home study is scheduled for Friday, August 22.  Yeah, a week and a half away.  We still have to finish our medical release forms {meeting with the doctor today} and finish up the FBI background check {planning on getting fingerprinted today}.  Oh yeah, and come up with the $1,500 that's due at our home study.  :\  I know we can do it.  We're fighters and we've been fighting for this child for two years.

It's crazy to think how timing plays into all of this.  I've always known that adoption would be somewhere in our life.  But when we started trying to have kids two years ago, I don't think I ever imagined it would be this soon.  Then we started to adoption process.  It was a slow start.  Really slow.  It took us about 8 months to get through with the online courses.  Now that those are completed, it seems like everything else is moving at lightening speed.  I know timing is everything.  And I know that everything is the Lord's time, not ours.  It just makes me that much more eager to meet our child...the one that is being perfected for us at this moment.  Once our approved home study pack goes to LDSFS, we don't know how long it will take from there.  We go into a database with other prospective parents and just wait.  And pray.

Last night Michael and I took advantage of being so close to the temple yesterday that we did a session.  It wasn't our original plan, but we both felt there was a reason we needed to be there.  As we were sitting in the celestial room together, tears just flowed from my eyes and I had this immense feeling of joy, peace, and happiness...like we are on the right path.  We are where we need to be.  I tear up and get goose bumps just thinking about it now.  Right now, nothing can bring me down from that high.  It's such a heavenly feeling.

We're so grateful for all of the love and support that we've had.  You guys are our rock and the people that will help us get through this.  If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let us know.  And please remember to check out our Facebook page here for more updates.  We'll use that for little updates and the blog for more elaborate ones.  Be sure to check out the Fundraising page for ways to help.  We appreciate any help we are blessed with!

This man...right here.

Comments

Popular Posts