...and He has sent me here.

{Part 2 of 10} A couple weeks ago I started a series dedicated to questions about my beliefs as a Mormon. I missed a couple weeks, but fear not, I am back! ☺️ 

Here’s my usual disclaimer: In my attempt to restart my blog, I wanted to do something different. Over the course of the year I want eto share my religion and testimony each Sunday. I’m hoping this not only gives those curious a more in depth look into my religion, but also a more intimate look into our family and how we worship. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I am always open to conversations regarding other faiths, but this will not be a platform to bash or dissuade others.  I am not a scriptorian, but I try to do my research. If anything is found incorrect, please correct me!

6. Is there a hell?
We do not believe in a literal, fire-and-brimstone hell. We’ll get into this in a few questions. 

7. What does heaven look like?
Heaven looks different depending on how you lived your life. For Mormons, there are three degrees of heaven. Telestial, Terrestrial, and Celestial. In depth info on the degrees of glory can be found here: https://www.lds.org/topics/kingdoms-of-glory?lang=eng

8. What does hell look like?
Hell is often synonymous with the telestial kingdom. It is the place reserved for individuals who did accept Christ in their lives. I believe it looks much like earth does to us. 

9. Why should someone start believing in God?
I believe someone should start believing in God because He can change lives. He is glorious and all-knowing and can work miracles. He can be a constant guide for our lives and a constant companion. 

10. What should a believer do before they die?

A believer should follow God and His plan as closely as possible, but know that they are human and mistakes happen. But through Christ and the atonement, we can be forgiven and get back on track. They should continue to treat others as God’s children. We are all loved by Him and should be treated as such. 

Comments

Popular Posts