Happy FIRST Anniversary to Us!!

 

I can't believe an entire year has passed by.  Scratch that...flown by.  And despite a snarky comment from a friend stating that we would be pregnant within the first six months, we managed to make it child free.  Ü  It's just amazing to think of all the events that were going on a year ago today.  Especially all the stress that happened before the ring ceremony later that evening.  I still can't believe that my mom was passing out Xanax to the entire family but missed me!  I mean, c'mon.  I was the most stressful of them all!!

Anyway, I was rereading posts from when Michael and I started dating.  I totally remember feeling incredibly giddy and all warm.  Here's the first post after meeting him.  I remember that night like it was yesterday.  We both went to a church dance that neither was planning on going to.  I only went to save my best friend Drew.  Michael and I had a mutual friend and we all went to Ihop after the dance.  Stayed until 2 or 3 in the morning.  I remember ordering for Michael too.  The kids pancakes with the chocolate chip eyes and smile made out of yogurt.  He was doomed.  Ü  We exchanged numbers and that weekend we texted. all. weekend.  I ended up having to work that Saturday and that night we went to the movies with a few other people {Social Network}.  Then, more texting.  Seriously...texted the entire weekend.

That Monday he asked me out on our first date.  Ü  Yeah, I was giddy as hell!  Let's face it.  It had been years since some one had asked me out before.  I honestly felt like I was in high school all over again.  That Wednesday, I posted this.  My life could not have been happier than at that moment.  It was amazing.  A few days after that, it was Facebook official!!


I'm still in awe over the last almost two years.  It's still a bit hard to imagine that I'm spending the rest of my life with this person, but then I think back to the last year and all the amazing and fun times we've had.  I am still so in love with the person I fell in love with on that wonderful October night. 

Here's the story of the proposal.  Because seriously, it's a MUST READ!





***Edit: I guess I should probably post a pic of us on our wedding day, huh?  Haha! After walking out of the temple.


Comments

Popular Posts